Terms and Conditions
- This auction is conducted under the laws of the State of Maryland.
- This auction will be held in two parts.
- Part I will begin at 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
- Part II will begin at 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, September 10, 2014.
- Absentee "left" bids may be placed
- Up to one day before the commencement of the sale; by phone, email, fax or via the internet at www.invaluable.com or through our website auctions.alexautographs.com.
- Absentee bids continue to be accepted throughout the day of the sale on a 'best efforts' basis only via our website auctions.alexautographs.com.
- Live Bidding is available in person, over the phone (reservations required in advance),
and via the Internet (only at www.invaluable.com).
- There is a 21.5% Buyer’'s Premium charged on the final hammer price of each lot.
An additional 3% (for a total of 24.5% will be added to lots purchased
through www.invaluable.com. Lots purchased through our website (www.alexautographs.com) or by any means other than invaluable.com bidding
service are not subject to this additional fee. An additional 2% handling fee will be added to the hammer price plus buyer's premium on all invoices, discounted if payment is made by cash, check, money order or wire transfer.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason. In exceptional cases of clerking errors, third-party bidding platform errors, miscommunication, or other errors beyond the direct control of the auctioneer, the auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw the lot after the hammer has fallen but only before any payment has been accepted.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot for any reason.
- In the event of duplicate high bids, the earliest bid received will be the winner. (Please note absentee bids left with invaluable.com do not reach the auctioneer until the lot opens during the live sale).
- Some lots may carry a reserve beneath which the item will not be sold. Any reserve will always be at or below the low estimate.
- Detailed descriptions of lots and images are available upon request. Bidders are advised that we warrant ONLY printed descriptions and additional information set for in addenda and from the auction block.
- Illustrations of lots in this catalog and our website may have had size and/or contrast modifications for display purposes.
- Estimated selling prices are for your guidance only. Actual selling prices may be higher or lower than the estimate indicated, although our estimates tend to be accurate.
- The placing of a bid legally binds the bidder to purchase the lot at or below the bid placed, plus buyer's premium (see item 3). Bids may not be retracted without our approval: those doing so will be banned from future participation and will be reported to the trade. Please think before you bid! You are legally bound once you do so.
- Absentee Bidding. All bidding is undertaken in a competitive manner. The winning bid will always be one bidding increment over the second highest bid. The minimum acceptable bid for any lot is one-half of the low estimate given in the item description or $20.00, whichever is greater. Bidders may call us at 203-276-1570 during office hours, Monday through Friday 10 A.M. - 6 P.M. EST, to check the status of their bids, or they may check bids anytime on our website. Live bidding: Bids entered during the course of the sale by bidders on the floor, on the phone, or live on the internet will be taken at the amount bid.
- Payment is expected immediately upon, (but not before) receipt of invoice. Payments may be made via mail, phone, fax, in person, or via PayPal payable to firstname.lastname@example.org. All accounts are payable to Alexander Historical Auctions LLC. Payment must be made in U.S. funds. Wire transfer details are available upon request. Please note that lots purchased are subject to sales taxes where applicable unless a resale number is filed with us prior to the auction. Invoices not paid within thirty days of the date of invoice will incur a 1.5% per month late payment fee. An additional 2% handling fee will be added to the hammer price plus buyer's premium on all invoices, discounted if payment is made by cash, check, money order or wire transfer.
- Handling, shipping and insurance charges will be added to the invoice.
- All autograph material in this sale is guaranteed genuine for the life of the original purchaser (unless otherwise stated or if contrary to other provisions of these terms). Any autograph item sold which is determined to be not authentic by two independent dealers or authenticators acceptable to both parties to the sale may be returned by the original buyer at any time for an immediate refund of the purchase price (only). Non-autograph items are guaranteed genuine for a period of twenty-one (21) days of receipt if determined to be not authentic by two independent dealers or authenticators acceptable to both parties to the sale. Any declarations of lack of authenticity by any party must be made in writing.
- Items may also be returned if the catalog description differs significantly from the item's actual state; such returns must be made within three (3) days of purchaser's receipt of the lot(s). All returned lots must be in the same condition as shipped. All items are in very good condition unless stated otherwise.
- Any lot containing five or more items is not subject to return for any reason.
- We do not examine the condition of items contained within frames beyond what is readily visible. Such defects may include, but may not be limited to: mounting, silking, marginal damage, closed tears, "mat burn", etc. That being the case, we are not responsible for such hidden damage. Bidders are further advised that we are selling the autograph, not the frame, and therefore the condition of the frame shall not be considered reason for return. Shipping costs for framed items may vary greatly depending on the size and/or weight of the frame, and at times these charges may be quite substantial. Customers may request us to remove an autograph from its frame to reduce shipping charges. We will accommodate customers in that respect for an additional charge of $10.00 per framed item, but such service will be undertaken at our sole discretion. Alexander Historical Auctions LLC will be responsible for any damage caused to the VISIBLE area of the item as it appears in the frame. We will in no way be responsible for any pre-existing hidden damage or defect, nor will we be responsible for any damage caused by us to any previously hidden portion of the autograph, its mount, or any material matted with the autograph during removal from the frame.
- Property purchased by successful bidders but remaining unclaimed after 120 days will be deemed abandoned and title will be ceded to Alexander Historical Auctions LLC.
- The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the preceding terms and conditions of sale as well as the Bidding Procedure guidelines posted in this catalog.
- IMPORTANT: THIS IS A LIVE AUCTION
Please note that by submitting a bid in
this auction you agree to all the Terms and Conditions of Sale as stated in
this catalog or website.