1. This auction is conducted under the laws of the State of
2. This is a live, one-day auction to be held on May 12, 2015 commencing at 1:00 P.M. EST.
3. There is a 21.5% Buyer’s Premium charged on the final hammer price of each lot. An additional 5% premium (for a total of 26.5%) will be added to lots purchased live through the Internet via invaluable.com and an additional 3% premium (for a total of 24.5%) will be added to lots purchased live through the Internet via liveauctioneers.com.
4. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason. In exceptional cases of clerking errors, third-party bidding platform errors, miscommunication, or other errors beyond the direct control of the auctioneer, the auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw the lot after the hammer has fallen but only before any payment has been accepted.
5. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot for any reason.
6. In the event of duplicate high bids, the earliest bid received will be the winner. (Please note absentee bids left with invaluable.com,
liveauctioneers.com, etc., do not reach the auctioneer until the lot opens during the live sale).
7. Some lots may carry a reserve beneath which the item will not be sold. Any reserve will always be at or below the low estimate.
8. ALEXANDER HISTORICAL AUCTIONS HAS EXERCISED ITS BEST EFFORTS TO CATALOG ITEMS BEING OFFERED FOR AUCTION, INCLUDING THE USE OF IN-HOUSE AND OUTSOURCED EXPERTS. HOWEVER, DESCRIPTIVE INFORMATION AND CONDITION STATEMENTS ARE GIVEN AS A COURTESY TO CLIENTS AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS A STATEMENT OF FACT. ALEXANDER HISTORICAL AUCTIONS SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR OR OMISSION. ALL BIDDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO OBTAIN AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE ABOUT ANY ITEM ON WHICH THEY WISH TO BID, BY REQUESTING CONDITION REPORTS AND PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES BY EMAIL, OR PREFERABLY, BY PERSONAL INSPECTION. ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITH NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES STATED OR IMPLIED. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BIDDER TO EXAMINE ALL MATERIAL PRIOR TO BIDDING. NO LOTS MAY BE RETURNED FOR A FULL OR PARTIAL REFUND.
9. Illustrations of lots in this catalog and our website may have had size and/or contrast modifications for display purposes.
10. Estimated selling prices are for your guidance only. Actual selling prices may be higher or lower than the estimate indicated, although our estimates tend to be accurate.
11. The placing of a bid legally binds the bidder to purchase the lot at or below the bid placed, plus buyer's premium (see item 3). Bids may not be retracted without our approval: those doing so will be banned from future participation and will be reported to the trade. Please think before you bid! You are legally bound once you do so.
12. Absentee Bidding. All bidding is undertaken in a competitive manner. The winning bid will always be one bidding increment over the second highest bid. The minimum acceptable bid for any lot is one-half of the low estimate given in the item description. Bidders may call us at 203-276-1570 during office hours, Monday through Friday 10 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. EST, to check the status of their bids. Live bidding: Bids entered during the course of the sale by bidders on the floor, on the phone, or live on the internet will be taken at the amount bid.
13. Payment is expected immediately upon, (but not before) receipt of invoice. Payments may be made via mail, phone, fax, or in person. We accept checks, money orders, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and PayPal (payable to email@example.com). All accounts are payable to Alexander Historical Auctions. Payment must be made in U.S. funds. Wire transfer details are available upon request. Please note that lots purchased are subject to sales taxes where applicable unless a resale number is filed with us prior to the auction. Invoices not paid within thirty days of the date of invoice will incur a 1.5% per month late payment fee.
14. Shipping, handling and insurance charges will be added to the invoice. Shipping to certain countries is extremely expensive and will be invoiced according to dimensional weight as required! Please inquire before bidding! Note: Certain items such as ammunition, firearms, large frames, fragil, large, heavy and bulky itmes are not shipped by the auctioneer. Client is responsible to contact us to arrange for shipments for these pieces.
15. Property purchased and paid for by successful bidders but remaining unclaimed after 120 days will be deemed abandoned and title will be ceded to Alexander
Historical Auctions, LLC.
16. The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the preceding terms and conditions of sale as well as the Bidding Procedure guidelines posted in this catalog.
Please note that by submitting a bid in
this auction you agree to all the Terms and Conditions of Sale as stated in
this catalog or website.